Sunday, February 04, 2007

Prince at the Super Bowl

Pure Genius. I'm not a big fan of the Super Bowl, but I am a big fan of spectacle. If there's one thing about the Super Bowl Halftime Show (brought to you this year by Pepsi), it's usually a big-assed spectacle. On top of that all, Prince is pretty spectacular himself when it comes to performance. I will admit that I'm not the hugest of Prince fans either, but I know a good show when I see it. It was freaking raining, after all, and Prince still rocked the house.

I didn't tape it. I'm such an idiot. I'm currently stuck in a DVR loop. You know the loop I mean: you haven't recorded, but you do have the ability to go back as long as you don't... touch the wrong button. Since I didn't record it, but I haven't lost it yet, I've now rewound the Prince segment for the sixth time, it's that good.

Prince may be a Jehovah's Witness now, but he can still make love to a crowd of millions. Best use of a Marching Band since... well... since a long damn time.

If you didn't catch the performance, hopefully you'll find it somewhere. Until YouTube comes along with it (beware those lawsuits, kids), here's the Super Bowl commercial (beware those... uh... lawsuit kids).

No comments: