Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's Really Different Around Here

The 'here' of which I speak of course, is "at the end of the boom" itself, which the four or five of you who happen to stop by may have noticed. (Hi Jacq, who noticed!) Anyhoo... the New Blogger has a lot more adaptability for folks like me. I know enough html and xml to either make a difference or cause a lot of heartache.

I finally created an image in Photoshop of a picture I took off of the balcony at the AMC-25 located on 42nd St. I had just seen "Children of Men." I was a tad depressed after the depressing movie and the day was grey, but the movie was good, and it's always a pleasure to be in Times Square. The balcony is one of two located at the movie theater, and I was on the lower of the two balconies. It's not a great picture, but I like it. The eye is part of a giant electronic billboard on the side of Port Authority, where 42 St. meets 8th Avenue. I trimmed the image down, added the blog title, fiddled around with the code, and voila! A new blog top.

Though I added the title in the actual Photoshop file, for some reason, I can't get rid of the blog title within Blogger itself, hence the additional (and hopefully temporary) floating black title. I've tried to figure out how to do this (and Blogger help says you can actually do it an easy way, but alas, they lie), but I can't quite figure out the code that the Forums talk about. Too many, "well, you should do it this way" or "you should do it that way," until you can't figure out which way to do in the first place. Oh well. If anyone has any ideas or leads, feel free to plop 'em in the comments. Other than that, I'll just have to figure it out eventually.

On another note, I found some nifty 3-column Blogger templates. I was toying around with the idea of adding the new template, but then I realized I can barely fill two columns, let along three of them. Maybe if I ever hit the "Big Blogtime©," and have something more to say, then I'll do it. Or maybe I'll get bored again and just up and decide to move the furniture around. Sometimes, everyone gets the urge to put the bed in a different corner.

If you've switched to the upgraded Blogger, I'd love to hear your comments about it. I'm finding the changes in the program refreshing. What about you?

No comments: