Monday, January 08, 2007

Resident of the Unit*

When I first saw the photograph below at Andrew Sullivan's "Daily Dish," I was flabbergasted. The things that pass as patriotic wall art these days. Whoa. One of Sullivan's readers saw this piece of... uh... 'art'... and sent it to Sullivan as an illustration of winggy America.

Mountain Gate Family Restaurant in Thurmont, MD
Andew Sullivan's "Daily Dish," sent in by a reader

When I sent the link of said 'art' to some friends, SpankySunrise* brought it back down to Earth by noting that the way Washington and Lincoln are positioned, instead of "President of the United States," it reads, "Resident of the Unit." I told SpankySunrise that she should write to Sullivan, see if he posts it. She didn't, but N_O_I did.

Anyhoo, I don't know if Sullivan will post or write back about it, but you'd have to be a little psychotic to hang this up in your living room, especially for the $199 price tag.

No comments: