Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Cat Blogging: A Year Without Zanzibar

Zanzibar, Brooklyn, New York 2005

It's been a year since my wonder kitty girl, Zanzibar, said her last goodbye. I can't believe how much I miss that girl. I still cry sometimes when I think of her. Paikea is wonderful and I love her dearly, too, but having had Zanzi since the day she was born until the day she died was so special to me. Zanzibar was the first kitty friend that I didn't have to give away because I moved from place to place or my rooommate got the cat. She was the one who slept every cold night in the crook of my arm or nestled herself into my waist while I slept, waiting for me to wake up to feed her. She was the power purrer, the green-eyed pretty calico, the Godzilla look-a-like, the sweet thing, the baby kitty.

Anyway, I still miss you, my wonder kitty, I still miss you.

No comments: