Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Cat Blogging

Doesn't Paikea look peaceful? All Buddha and Zen-like, eh? Well, don't believe the hype. All my baby wants to do is play, play and play some more, don't you know it! Instead of Paikea, she should be named, "Play-ah" but it's too late to change her name. And don't EVEN try to pet the Play-ah... no no no!

Really, she is sweet, she's just one of those kitties who would prefer not to be petter.

Anyhoo...

I've been a bit busy this week, so light blogging for me. I've noticed a few friends have nominated me for a "Human Equality Award" over at the Koufax Awards. While I'll never win, it's just a honor to be nominated, thank you, thank! Hmm... where have I heard that before?

My time this week has been taken up with working with the people from Metropolis in Motion. Do you know that in the five boroughs of New York, it's illegal to dance in bars and clubs that don't have a cabaret license? Yeah, you heard, me: ILLEGAL. It stems from the 1920s, and there's a whole bunch of history and reasons behind it, but we're working to abolish this portion of the cabaret laws to allow dancing in the local bar if you want to. Find out more at the website, and be sure to sign the petition here.

OK, gotta run, but until we meet again... which should be sometime this weekend.

Adieu.

No comments: