Tuesday, April 04, 2006

11:15 PM: "Did you hear about Delay?"

...said a voice on the other end of the phone.

Delay? You mean... Tom? "Yes," said the voice. "It's just been announced."

It was late and for the second night in a row, I was babysitting over a three day period. I actually went to sleep at 10:30. If you knew me, you'd know that's just not right. I'm lucky to get INTO bed by 12:30, most nights.

Except when I'm babysitting over a three-day period, and I'm plum-tuckered-tired-out.

But when my friend said that the lovely *gasp* Tom Delay had resigned, to "carry on for anuther day" (he SO reminds me of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind, don't ask me why) I had to do a little happy dance, quickly thank my friend, and excuse myself back off to sleep.

It was a beautiful sleep, indeed.



Go and check out Democracy for America's "Tom Delay is a Chicken" site. Donate a rubber chicken to Tom or just sign the card. Your pick!

GOODBYE TOM DELAY, CHICKEN!

No comments: