Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cancelling Toward the White House

You may be a tad tired of the "Support Our Troops" magnetic ribbons that proliferate every 7th car you see; but, there's a new ribbon in town and it's fully endorsed by the United States Post Office. Its message is firm and direct; instead of the amorphous "Support Our Troops"... uh, ok, sure, will do! these ribbons have a more overt message: Bring the Troops Home Now!

Nothing wishy washy, everything direct and to the point.

Every since the USPS began allowing a new innovation in stamps: print your own (legal counterfeiting?), there's been all sorts of stamps coming out of the woodwork. Pictures of my cat, your cat, cat, your grandma's cat ... now we can go that one step further and actually send a meaningful message to the government.


By affixing them to your good old I.R.S. tax returns!

Those folks at the Internal Revenue Service won't know what hit 'em!

You can then either pass them on to your friends, or use them for mail to to your Senator, your Representative, your local governments or even to pay the cable bill.

So, here's the scoop: the stamps are $1.00 each, way above the .39 cent current stamp price. But, according to Corante's Civic Minded,

"A sheet of 20 stamps cost $20; $12 of that $20 goes to Endicia and USPS; of the remaining $8, 30% goes to Goodstorm to cover it's services, and the other 70%..."

goes to four organizations your SHOULD know by now: Military Families Speak Out, Gold Star Families for Peace, Iraq Veterans Against the War, Veterans for Peace.

Please head on over to Bring Them Home Now

You've got some time ... you know you haven't done your taxes yet! Don't try and fool anyone!

Plus, you'll let the government know exactly where you are when they come looking for you.

Oh, and in full disclosure, the stamp was designed by Andrew Boyd (see more here and here), the founder of the political theater action group I frequently participate with in actions, the Billionaires For Bush.

You can find a bit of the background regarding the stamp over at Civic Minded.

For more information on custom made photos stamps, go here.

No comments: