Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Week Ahead

I've been trying to figure out something to blog about. There's so much in the world to talk about, that it's hard to know where to start sometimes. And my week coming up is going to be as busy as hell. A lot of things might get swept under the carpet if I don't pay enough attention, so I'm going to write a little list of things I should be paying attention to, if I have the time. So here goes:

The War on Christmas


Bradblog
Apparently, there's a war on Christmas going on, and I suppose it's something I should remember. However, when I walked out of work on Friday, I literally heard Christmas music being pumped out of loud speakers in the Bronx neighborhood where I work. Apparently, someone is winning the war on Christmas, but I should keep my eye out, just in case the Christmas terrorists (whoever the hell they are) launch a sneak attack on... on... on, well on whatever the hell this whole thing is about.

Governor Blanco's Response to Congress
Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco released about 100,000 pages of emails regarding the fiasco that was New Orleans, Louisiana, FEMA, Michael Brown, and President Bush during the week of Hurricane Katrina back in August and September. I forsee that in the coming week, we're going to be hearing at least a few words about New Orleans again as the emails get filtered through the news media and the spin machines rev back up. Then again, I could be wrong, as mostly it's now seemingly, "Katrina... who?" these days. Ultimately, it's going to take the people of New Orleans to rise up and get the work of politicians, who are really just out for themselves and their political careers, done for themselves. I wish them all well.



UN to (Finally) Go to Darfur?
Well, the UN is contemplating a military operation factfinding mission from December 10-20, to figure out how they can actually stop the killing there. However, they might not be able to round up a troop coalition of African, European, and other countries until September of 2006, just when the African people of Sudan might no longer need them because they'll all be dead.

Go write a letter, will ya?


There's a bunch of other stuff going on, of course, Iraq, Alito, Jack Murtha, Tom Delay, Jack Abramoff, the Canadian elections, we're still not prepared for threats to our domestic homeland, Ayad Allawi is going to scream about an assassination attempt instead of a mass shoe-throwing incident in Najaf, and a bunch of other stuff, but there's only so much one can think about in a world gone bonkers.

Have a great week, everyone.

No comments: