Friday, May 11, 2007

I Has a Secret!

What? I'm adopted? Sheesh, that hasn't been a secret since I was 33! No, the secret is: I'm back! And yes, you might not have even known that I was gone!

Anyhoo, a quick update on what's been up:

Last year, I went to Halifax for a conference, Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences (ALHHS). Woohoo. I just got back from that conference again, but this time it took place in lovely Montreal with a short jaunt to Quebec City. I have some pictures of the trip, but haven't arranged them into a comprehensible set of images yet. I'll let you know when I do.

I've fallen completely headz over heelz with the website "I Can Has Cheezburger?," with its great photos of kittehs speaking kitteh. I laughz and laughz! Who can't laugh when they see the 'word' harbls? Hmmm???

As usual, my head explodes with the political scene. But what else is new, eh?

I suffered a bit of a mental hiccup after coming back from Quebec. May 23 is my dad's b-day. It will be the first birthday after his passing, so it's a little difficult. When I got back, I got a call from the cemetery to tell me that his Veterans Administration grave marker finally came in and will be installed as soon as the granite base is delivered. Needless to say, these first events after someone passes are the most difficult. sigh.

Lastly, I quit smoking! Again! Yes, I had been very successful with the laser acupunture for quitting smoking, but after dad died, I started again. Now, I'm trying Chantix by Pfizer and so far, so good.

And speaking of what's new, what's happening with YOU these days? Let me know! Speak with you soon.

No comments: