Saturday, December 23, 2006

Home for the Merryness in Detroit

Well, I'm sitting in a Starbucks in Detroit because Ma has no Internet connection at the house. I got in yesterday. I guess it's a good thing. I'm ready to end my pilgrimages to Detroit for good. It's my hometown, but it depresses me to be here.

It's my first Christmas without my dad, who passed in August. It's just not the same. It's nice to see my mom and the new puppy, Tiger, but still, I could think of a million billion other places I would want to be. Oh, just thinking about it gives me a brain explosion.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good holiday.

Photo: 11 Spring Street Graffiti Project, "There is Hell in Hello," December 2006, NYC

3 comments:

Jacq said...

El, my best friend Rick just lost his mother at the end of the summer as well, and not long after, his grandmother passed. I can't believe they're BOTH gone. He and I, as well as my sister and his, grew up together. We've known each other since we were 8 years old, and his mom was like a mom to me. The holidays are so difficult, especially when you lose loved ones at that time and you know you have to go on. You feel so guilty. The thing with his mom and grandmother, though, is at least they got to see him get married in June. That made us all so happy.

Jacq said...

Merry Christmas, El!

eyedoc333 said...

El,

Have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday.