Yesterday, I noted that I need a House, and I wouldn't mind a Senate, either.
For my dreams to come true, I believe Republicans and those Independents leaning toward the Republican abyss, should wake up and face reality. I posted a link to a comprehensive list of Republican corruption scandals, and now, a list of symptoms that you should consult to check yourself in case of rampant Republicanism gone wild.
Larry Johnson helps you to recognize if you have the Republican malaise. You should immediately seek medical attention OR vote for a Democratic candidate in the House or the Senate to cure Republicanism. Your life depends on fast action.
1. If you enjoy shoplifting while working at the White House, you might be a Republican.
2. If you enjoy soliciting teenagers and children for sex over the internet, you might be a Republican.
3. If you enjoy sending other people’s children to war while your kids go to college and hang out in bars, you might be a Republican.
4. If you start a war in Iraq while lying to the American people that Saddam was tied to Osama Bin Laden, you might be a Republican.
5. If you failed to complete your own National Guard service and your Vice President received five deferments to avoid service in Vietnam, but accuse political opponents who challenge your failed foreign policy in Iraq of being cowards, you might be a Republican.
6. If you call dark skinned people Macacas and Niggers, you might be a Republican.
7. If you ignore intelligence community warnings that Bin Laden is determined to strike inside the United States, you might be a Republican.
8. If you follow policies that squander a budget surplus and create an $8.5 trillion dollar budget deficit, you might be a Republican.
9. If you expose the identity of an undercover CIA officer in charge of tracking down Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, you might be a Republican.
10. If you believe the President should be entitled to jail, without recourse to Habeus Corpus, anyone he decides is a threat, you might be a Republican.
Larry's conclusion to a ready cure: "After careful consideration, I realize that I lack the moral bankruptcy, cowardice, and fiscal recklessness to call my self a Republican. I've decided, I am an American."
I say, Be an American: Vote Democratic.
There are more "You Might Be a Republican" symptoms posted at Johnson's site. Learn the signs and cure yourself!