Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Charlotte, NC and Family

Charlotte Over the Wing
Photo by Elderta
I had to go to Charlotte, North Carolina over the weekend. My mother's sister passed away, and my mom wanted me to fly down. I like Charlotte. It's spread out, but the people are nice, the downtown is pretty (it's those teeny tiny buildings sticking out from the ground), and it was nice seeing my mother's family. It's the second time in less than a year that I've gone to Charlotte. I was there in July or August for a family reunion on my father's side. Charlotte/Shelby/Hickory North Carolina is the family seat, if you will.

The visit in July also coincided with me seeing my father's sister, Aunt Helen, for the last time. She unfortunately passed away in January. I guess I'm at the stage in life where family passes away. It's very sad.

No comments: